View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 08:26 PM
Teacup

After debating about this for a long, long while, I ordered a 1500 earlier this week from Ken's Sewing Center. It is on backorder with Brother and they hope to have them in mid-May. I have a local Brother dealer who won't carry the 1500 since it is available online. She said it's a great machine but I should just deal with Amazon.

I decided on Ken's Sewing Center website because the price is very good; it has a reputation for good customer service; and has technicians in the store that can answer questions. I decided I couldn't call Amazon and ask to talk to someone if I have a question about how to adjust the tension or oil the machine! The lady I talked with at Ken's was super-nice and helpful on the phone. So, a month from now I hope to have this baby in my home. Maybe that will give me enough time to clean up the sewing room and make space for it!

I also looked at a new Brother Designio DZ 1500F on Amazon. It is the same as the 1500s package but comes with a needle felting attachment. I like the decals on it. I almost ordered it but then realized it didn't include the waking foot, which I want. And I'm not into felting. And I wanted customer service, which is available at Ken's. But take a look on Amazon if you're interested: Brother Designio Series DZ1500F High Speed Straight Stitch Sewing Machine.