Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Prim Quilts

Default Singer Dressmaker Sewing Machine?????????????????

Was there such a thing? I went to a quilt group today at the library and a lady who I believe to be in her 60s told me that she had her mother's Singer Dressmaker sewing machine and she let her grand daughter borrow it. The machine ended up broken and she didn't know what happened to it. She took it to a sewing machine repair man and he told her that he wouldn't charge her a service fee if she could tell him how on earth she broke it like that. She told him she didn't know what happened to it. She told me what he said was wrong with it and I told her it took a nose dive off a table and someone probably tried to catch it with the fabric under the presser foot. So he charged her a "big" service fee and told her it is not repairable. I have never heard of a Singer Dressmaker (but that doesn't mean anything) and I was going to look to see if there happened to be a doner machine since it was her mother's and she is keeping it because it was her mother's. Anyway, just curious...........was there such a creature? When I tried looking online I found conflicting views.