View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 PM
kathdavis

Default Alternative to Easter Baskets

Since my girls are 27 and 22 years old, I decided to forego the regular Easter baskets this year and used big summer bags. For years, instead of the regular Easter candy, since my girls don't really like sweets, I always filled their baskets with summer things, like new swimsuits, flip flops, ponytail holders, shorts, tank tops, etc. These were things I would normally have to buy anyway for summer, so I would just fill their Easter baskets with them. Unfortunately, they have gotten older and prefer to pick their own summer wardrobe, so I put in a few special items and then usually fill a few eggs with cash, which seem to do the trick, but I try to get a little creative to keep it fresh.

I found these big summer bags clearanced at Walmart for $3.00 and then I used my Silhouette Cameo Cutter to cut out their names and appliqued them on. It really gave the bag a fun, fresh look for the pool this summer. I think they will like them tomorrow morning.
Attached Thumbnails img_3831-resized.jpg   img_3832-resized.jpg   img_3833-resized.jpg