View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 04:09 AM
ladydukes

I have one and I absolutely love it! It is the greatest tool! A few years ago my DGS was here and cut slits in the ironing board cover, so I ripped the elastic out and used it for a pattern and made a new ironing board cover out of pre-quilted fabric that I had on hand. I keep it by my sewing machine and use it all the time. But, don't leave your iron sitting on it without one of those iron props or holders for great lengths of time (I forgot once overnight and the cutting board warped a bit on the edge). Now, I make sure my iron sits in its holder. I need to try the trick of putting it in water, then outdoors with weights on it to see if that takes the warp out. The warp isn't bad, just noticeable. I should try soaking the mat in water then sitting it outdoors with weights on it to see if that takes the warp out. Again, I love that tool and could not do without it. Also, I buy all my blades from Martelli when they have their sales. I also own the largest mat and purchased it during a half price sale.