Old 04-20-2014, 04:52 PM
dublb

Wow, we had a wonderful trip! The first part o' the trip was just DH & I. It was a bit cool for him ta fish & several days the wind blew. Tues mornin' it dropped down ta freezin' for a couple o' hours. (We were worried about the temps here in Midland but it didn't freeze here. What a relief! We had planted 6 tomatoes here in Midland. ) On Tues we went inta town & bought a ridin' mower so we can mow the 2 lots next ta the house. We got the one I wanted. I'm so happy we didn't settle. We watched a lotta movies. Cooked on the grill several nights. I did sew 8 charity blocks. We also picked out some roll linoleum ta replace what's in the kitchen. They will install it some time in the next couple o' weeks. We got the cheap stuff, but anything is better than what's in there right now! It was there when my DGParents bought the house in 1982. It doesn't matter how many times ta mop it it's still dirty. We will just git it taken up & out o' there! When we go back the 9th o' May it'll be all ready for us.
The gravel driveway had a ton o' grass & weeds growin' in it so we bought some RoundUp Plus & sprayed it.
DD & her Kids came Thurs evenin'. We have a large hole in our drive. It's right as ya pull in ta the house. So we gathered rocks daily ta add ta the hole as a filler. The DGK's were thrilled ta gather rocks for us. They spent hours playin in the field & would stop playin' every once in a while & gather more rocks. Poor kids also discovered that there is a real reason ta wear boots. Mesquite bushes have 1" thorns. DGD had left her boots at home in Houston.
They also got ta ride on the mower. We would sit 'em in our laps & had it goin' verrrrry slow. The kids thought that were flyin'. She is 7 & he is 6.
#2DSon drove down yesterday & the kids just loooove him! They played w/him all afternoon. He watched a movie w/'em also. Th'smornin' they colored eggs & #2DSon hid 'em in the house. LOL I can't even grasp why. It was a beautiful mornin'! They had a wonderful time findin' 'em. DD also made "resurection" rolls by wrappin' lg marshmallows inside crescent rolls. When they are baked the marshmallows have melted away & the rolls are hollow. The kids just love 'em. We don't have a Church in Brady yet so they didn't go th'smornin' but when they got home the kids talked DD inta takin' 'em ta church th'sevenin'.