Old 12-20-2009, 08:00 PM
deedles215

I just have to share it- DH and I just got back from Christmas in IA with his family and had a wonderful time. I'm always glad to be home though.

I spent some time with my MIL on Saturday while DH was with his dad doing boy things (his parents are divorced), and we got to talking about sewing and crafting, because I made a quilt for my niece.
I knew that she had a stash of fabric and yarn and just about everything in-between, but knew nothing more than she had it...
Here's the big news.

I got to dig through it all, and take whatever I wanted!!!!!!

Pitter patter, my little heart!!! ANYTHING I WANTED.......

She has, I swear, the biggest stash I've ever seen. I don't think anyone could rival the amount of fabric this woman owns.
We're talking 20+++ large totes, stuffed full... not including garbage bags... and that was just what WE went through that afternoon.
And such beautiful varieties! Old fabric, new fabric, poly, cotton, knits... whew... it was a good day. My favorite part was finding scraps of fabrics that she'd made things out of for my DH when he was a boy, how precious! There was also scraps from her mom's clothing, sister's wedding, etc... you get the picture. EVERYTHING.

So, for me, having no stash at all- I was in HEAVEN!!

Ahh... it was a good Christmas! Now just to start these projects... :)