Old 04-21-2014, 11:24 AM
Mizkaki

Some pictures please?

A needle slightly left of center may not be a problem, it could be an 'illusion'. The needle grows as the size gets larger. This growth is on the front of the needle, not on the scarf side. If the growth is on the scarf side it would hit the hook. If the bobbin is on the left of the machine and the machine threads left to right, the growth is on the left/ front of the needle and it will look like the needle is off center. If the bobbin is in front of the machine the growth doesn't show or make the needle appear as off center. Singer machines that have the needle scarf to the left and thread right to left will look off center, but to the right.

Hope that wasn't too confusing,
Cathy

Originally Posted by Mrs. SewNSew View Post
Ahhh so much information available for Singers! Not so much for Whites. I have this cute little pink machine up and running and I want to try out the cams today but the needle position is slightly off to the left and I don't want to break a needle. Does anyone have a serice manual or experience with a White 6477...or maybe any White that might give me a clue?