Old 04-22-2014, 02:52 AM
miriam
Power Poster

A left homing machine is when you take if off zig zag the straight stitch is toward the left of center. I'm thinking the early Japanese zig zag machines are mostly left homing. Later maybe or maybe some companies made some that have the option of left, center or right. Some are centered. If it is left homing there is nothing you can do but live with it. There are left homing straight stitch feet. (see pic) The foot on the left is a left homing ss foot. The difference is where you screw them on and since the feed dogs are wide you will have some feed dogs with no foot over them although I have seen a ss foot that did cover the whole feed dog area. They are gone now so I can't shoot them. You will see other styles of ss feet. They do not always interchange. If your machine is left homing you need a left homing foot for ss. If it is center homing you need a center homing ss foot. zz won't matter what foot you use as long as it is the right length shaft. There are several shaft lengths the 3 most common are low shank, high shank and slant shank. If you have a low or slant shank machine a high shank may throw it out of needle bar timing if you try to use a high shank attachment - ask me how I know... Clear as mud yet? With the left homing machines, there are some zig zag feet that are easier to use than others. You may need to experiment and see what you like.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472641[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails left-feet-007.jpg  

Last edited by miriam; 04-22-2014 at 03:02 AM.