Old 04-22-2014, 04:57 AM
auntpiggylpn

We moved and add to buy all new appliances. We did lots of research for quality and price. We purchased a Samsung washer dryer set at Home Depot. During our research, we found that the warranty and reviews were much better than the Whirlpool set we were considering. It's is a top loading washer and is high efficiency. We have been very pleased with it. I had to call Samsung customer service a couple of times because of operator error and you can't beat their customer service! It took me a bit to get accustomed to the smaller water usage and be sure you use HE laundry detergent. I used regular detergent for the first month and just decreased the amount I used but it was obvious that I was still using too much. My set takes longer to run through a cycle, I think it is 48 minutes to do a regular wash load and 46 minutes to dry. Somehow that equates to energy efficiency but I can't wrap my brain about that one. I can't tell you if it uses more or less electricity or propane because they were never installed in our previous home. At Home Depot, there is usually a discount if you spend over a certain amount when purchasing appliances. Also, if you finance it thru their credit card, there are even more incentives. We wound up buying the washer, dryer, refrigerator, stove and dishwasher the same day. We paid cash and couldn't get any extra discounts. -Nobody wants to reward customers who use cash anymore!!!