View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 11:00 AM
Carrie in PA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]472798[/ATTACH]

The top part of the photo is the blankie. It's very dingy at the moment and needs a really good washing. The fabric i used was scraps of test pieces i did so i could see what the true color would be. I didn't do a very good job at twisting and banding because i was rushing, that is why there are big voids and white space. It was also a very old bed sheet. This was just something i whipped up with the "trash" pieces so they wouldn't go to waste. I had no idea she would fall in love with it and use it so hard or i would have done it right.

The squares at the bottom are leftovers from the project i did after my color tests. The three squares on the right are the same colors as in the blankie. The difference is the quality of the fabric used and the time i allowed the color to set. The color process was done in plastic bins in my bathtub but i could have easily done it in the kitchen. I don't have a photo to show how well the color lasts with use but it really holds up well with frequent washing.
Attached Thumbnails tie-dye-blankie.jpg