Old 04-24-2014, 02:48 AM
SingerSewer

I belong to two guilds and love them both. I joined the first one the first meeting after I retired. I had never had time to do those kinds of things when working. The second one after I moved to a new town. Both gave me the opportunity to meet others with similar interests.

The first one meets at a church where they let us store our supplies and have big tables and chairs we use. The second meets at a LQS and they let us store our supplies in their store room. They provide big tables and chairs as well. We learn from others. I love our workdays because we sew and laugh a whole lot. Once a month each guild has a meeting where we do our business and have a program teaching new and different techniques.

One has about 30 members and the other about 15. When you get that many people (in our case all women) you will have a touch of drama. Drama can be a bit fun as long as you are a spectator. For the most part both are just tons of fun and I have met some wonderful women and have become close friends with a few.