View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM
Feathers

Hi Aggi:
What a nice invitation...my suitcase is packed and I'm ready to go but it probably won't happen very soon. Have an aged mom (87 years old) with huge health problems so we're sticking kinda close to home right now. You would make a WONDERFUL writer of travel brochures. Your description of what we would see and do in your area of the world is so graphic and inviting it would make even the most resistent traveller (my brother-in-law, for one) pack their bags and search for the fastest transport to Newfoundland! Good job. Loved it. It sounds like you live in a wonderful part of the world. Aren't we lucky that we do?

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
Originally Posted by Feathers
Great pictures, Aggi. I, too, like the Karate Kid pose. You and your honey look like you enjoy life to the fullest...good for you. Your pictures make me want to travel to that area of the world...never been there but your pictures make it an inviting travel destination.
Come on over Feathers!! We will be your personal tour guides!! For starters how about a nice walk to the Ferryland Lighthouse for a picnic along the hills? A whale/iceberg/bird watching tour in Bay Bulls, a bonfire with wine and cheese on Middle Cove beach while enjoying the scenery and the sound of waves crashing in on the shore, going to Cape Spear to say you were at the most easterly point in North America, a stroll along old downtown St. John's and twack around in the shops. There is a great bakery/deli down there too to enjoy a cup of java and some homemade pastries and sandwiches. Visit the 200 year old Basillica Church, have tea and crumpets in the Crypt of the old Anglican Church. Ooh and of COURSE check out the great fabric/quilt shops!!! we Can't forget THAT one!! :)