Old 04-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Dolphyngyrl

I have used connecting threads for piecing, for me it is no more linty than any other cotton thread as all make lint as far as I am concerned including aurifil which i purchased recently and didn't care for, gutterman is still my favorite piecing thread at this point. For piecing CT is not bad, haven't tried FMQ with it yet. If I do I will update my thread review. I do like king tut by superior for FMQ as it is the one out of most major brands that doesn't break and produces the least lint out of everything I have tried which is many top brands which leads me to believe that I would enjoy piecing with master piece or bottomline by superior if ever I purchase some, will probably like it more than gutterman. I highly recommend the superior line as they are indeed superior. The way I learned is by buying quite a few cotton threads to practice FMQ with and to me king tut and gutterman stood out the best with king tut being in the lead by far. I do still want to try floriani and mettler for FMQ as those are the ones I haven't tried. But I encourage you to do your own tests because I have learned in the past 10 years If I always did what most recommended it wouldn't have been for me.