Old 04-25-2014, 04:08 AM
pahega

Thank you for all of your comments and help. I ended up buying a washer/dryer set 3 days ago, and they were out to install lit the next day. I ended up purchasing a Maytag Maxima front loading washer and dryer. I also got the matching pedestals, but ended up not being able to use them yet until I raise the cabinets above about an inch. I've only used the machines a couple times so it's too early to tell, but I do think they are much quieter than my old Kitchen Aid set. The sales person said that they solved the problem of mildew on these machines by adding drain holes around the door seal and installing a vent fan in the back of the machine. I think I'll leave the door open anyway. This set does not have a soak feature I don't think. It has a steam feature in the dryer you can use if you forget and leave clothes in the dryer. It heats water in the machine to a very hot setting if you choose that. There are other features available that I haven't learned yet. I hope I made the right choice--they don't come cheaply.....