View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 08:23 AM
ThayerRags

This happened yesterday morning (I forgot to put that in my OP). I was at home, and when things sort of calmed down, she called me to tell me about it. Since no damage was done, we had a great time laughing about the whole event.

She said that she is surprised that she didn’t panic and make a fast move that would probably have caused a worse outcome, but she said that she didn’t really know WHAT to do. She’d never been that close (4 inches) to a skunk before. I suggested that she could probably tell by looking at him that he didn’t have any money with him to spend, so she just kept her seat at the sewing machine. She agreed, and will use the excuse that she knew he was just one of those “Looky-loos”, so she didn’t even get up (ha!).

After eight years, this is her third critter that’s came in when she’s had the door open; a dog, a bird, and now a skunk. The dog was just overly friendly and didn’t want to leave, but the bird played “dodge-broom” for quite a while, from one end of the shop to the other, before she finally got him out of there. He lost a few feathers during the fracas, but he flew away mostly unhurt.

CD in Oklahoma