View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 11:36 AM
Macybaby

Default My Boye Shuttle collection - so far

My goal was to collect a machine for each of the 12 "standard" shuttles that Boye sold. BTW - the "missing" Numbers are for needles. For the most part, they go in pairs, so shuttle 1 and needle #2 both fit Household machines - and so forth. There are a few with more than one needle number in between, and then there are some "half" needle sizes that got added later. I am going with the post 1907 number system. There are some earlier ones with a different numbering sequence. Something to be aware of if you are buying based on Number.

I am also giving the Manufacturer, not the branded names of the machines. There are a few less common manufactures that may take the same shuttle as a more common manufacturer - and there are many less common and older VS machines that Boye never made shuttles for.

1. Household

3. New Home

5. Standard

7. Domestic (pre White)

9. Davis

11. White

13. National

15. Singer and Singer copies (like early Free and some Domestic)

17. Demorest

19. New Royal (early)

The two I still don't have:

22. Eldredge (pre National) - I did buy an "Edredge B" that is listed as taking this size shuttle, but mine takes the size 13 like the rest of the National machines. The #22 is longer than the #13.

25. Florence

Another interesting note all of these are bar or top clamp machines. The only Side Clamp would be Singer.