View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:22 AM
Wanabee Quiltin

I was all set to go to Paducah but when I was cleaning my quilt room, I looked at all my stash and told my DH that we weren't going after all. He was very surprised as I love the whole thing about Quilt Week in Paducah. I told him that I knew I could not go there and not spend at least $300 and that I did not need any more fabric. Maybe next year I will go and see everything. It's a very interesting show. Last year I talked to one of my favorite "Famous Quilters" and was so disappointed in her behavior. I asked her a question and two other women came up and stood by me as she started telling me how to do something. She spoke a few sentences and then stopped and asked for applause ! We were all stunned but clapped quietly. Then she spoke again and asked for applause again. This went on during her 10 minute talk about her product. The show itself is stunning and I could talk about Quilt in a Day fabric sales and Hancocks of Paducah till I was blue in the face. So glad you had a wonderful time there, it's just amazing.