View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Luv2sew4fun

Smile Spider-Man Quilt Finished!

I was asked to make a Spider-Man quilt for my friend's grandson. I have made him several quilts as he has grown.

She wanted both Spider-Man and the Green Goblin in it. She also asked for buildings in the background. I used cording to make the webbing and couched over the cord.I "graffitied" the grandson's name into the bricks.I used Pigma Micron Black ink to draw the line on the Spider-Man suit. I used monofilament thread over the lines to pop the chest and webs forward. The center spider was embroidered.

I originally wanted to do a moon, but I felt that if I did I would have to make the background too dark. I used a variegated red/orange thread and white thread to quilt the rays of the sun. I didn't have the right blue for the background color so I hand dyed the background. I used three shades of blue dye. This was my first attempt at hand dyeing fabric. I felt like a mad scientist while mixing the dyes. Lots of fun!! LOL
Dinah
Attached Thumbnails spidermancrop.jpg   spiderman2fixed.jpg   spiderman3fixed.jpg   spiderman4fixed.jpg   spiderman7fixed.jpg