Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 PM
citruscountyquilter

I have two houses, two Viking 6460s (mid 1970's era) and two Featherweights. I love my Vikings. One I have had since it was new and the other I bought from a friend who had it since it was new. Problem is that I can no longer get parts for them so if something breaks it is touch and go whether the sewing center has or can get a part from a dead machine. Recently the foot pedal on the Viking I got from a friend is getting hot when I sew. After talking to several service people, doing lots of research on the internet over the problem I have reluctantly decided to make that my back up machine and I got a new electronic machine - Janome. The feature I like the most on that is the needle down. It is a good machine but I don't feel the attachment to it that I have for my other machines. Maybe it will come with time. I have done quilting and piecing on the new machine and really prefer the Viking for quilting and the Featherweight for piecing. Time will tell I suppose. There is something to be said for the older machines. They are just so solid.