Old 04-28-2014, 03:07 AM
schoolteacher

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
I have two houses, two Viking 6460s (mid 1970's era) and two Featherweights. I love my Vikings. One I have had since it was new and the other I bought from a friend who had it since it was new. Problem is that I can no longer get parts for them so if something breaks it is touch and go whether the sewing center has or can get a part from a dead machine. Recently the foot pedal on the Viking I got from a friend is getting hot when I sew. After talking to several service people, doing lots of research on the internet over the problem I have reluctantly decided to make that my back up machine and I got a new electronic machine - Janome. The feature I like the most on that is the needle down. It is a good machine but I don't feel the attachment to it that I have for my other machines. Maybe it will come with time. I have done quilting and piecing on the new machine and really prefer the Viking for quilting and the Featherweight for piecing. Time will tell I suppose. There is something to be said for the older machines. They are just so solid.

Same problem with my old Viking and the foot feet getting hot. Part that was broken was obsolete. Got a Viking 118 and so far, have enjoyed using it. This machine I use for piecing and my Bernia I use for the fancier stuff.