Old 04-28-2014, 08:18 AM
llong0233

I really like Brother machines. I have three generations; mechanical, computerized CS6000i and the Innovis 1250D with embroidery capability. I was happily sewing along with my family of Brothers when I found a Koala cabinet with raise/lower inset on Craigs List. Along with cabinet there was a Bernina Virtuosa 153 Quilters Edition and Bernina Serger for $1,000. I bought all three items. I now what the all the fuss is about Bernina. It "feels" so different from any of the Brothers. I think there's a lot more metal in the Bernina and, unlike the drop-in bobbin on the Brothers, this is a side-insert bobbin and it NEVER, NEVER skips a stitch. I like the Brother machines and they are excellent values, but all of them have given me fits over the years with their "touchy" bobbin issues. I love the Bernina for the beautiful, reliable, consistent stitches. The quality of the stitching is felt and seen as the machine hums along. I keep the walking foot on the Bernina with wonderful results. I would trade all my machines, including the Bernina Virtuoso, for just one Bernina with a stitch regulator!