View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:40 AM
Crafty Bee

This was my first time at the Paducah show and was awestruck by all of it! This will be the last year of the "bubble-marshmallow" according to some of the vendors. They are going to build a hotel there and are remodeling some of the convention center to allow for more vendors there. I don't know how they will get all of the "bubble" vendors in there though! So many ideas and new gadgets to see and of course purchase. Just hope I can remember all of the wonderful ideas. I went with 2 other friends only one of which had been there before so she was our guide. She reserved a room already for next year. Just a word of caution-if you don't make a reservation you won't find a room within 100 miles of Paducah. We had several people tell us that the room prices were double or more than the usual rates.an example was a regular night the rooms were $79 but for the convention they were $190! And still rooms are packed! I agree about the organization of Hancocks. I think they organize by manufacturer not buy color or type of fabric so it was a bit confusing. Didn't buy much there. Bought lots at some of the vendors that were temporarily in some of the vacant storefronts. They had lots of beautiful and cheap fabric. The weather was beautiful and the dogwoods were gorgeous. We had a wonderful time and can't wait to return next year!