Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Sandygirl

Depends on why you are inquiring. I have both. Quilt Wizard is very basic and simple. EQ is much more advanced in features and techniques for designing projects. I would take classes on EQ if you buy it. I have fun with Q Wizard and rarely use my EQ6 but that is due to the time it takes to learn it etc. I have not bothered to invest in later versions. I dont use what I have now. Research the Electric Quilt website to see which product fills your needs.

toni, you say that you are new to quilting....not sure that you need to invest the $$ for EQ until you get some quilt projects under your belt.

quilt wizard has basic quilt blocks already loaded in the library. You can alter the block sizes, play with arranging the blocks, design quilts by adjusting the size of the blocks, the size of the overall project, play with the colors and fabrics that are already installed in the library vs. uploading fabric thumbnails from vendor websites. You can play with quilt layout, (with sashing, w/o sashing, setting blocks on-point vs straight grid). Download projects from the Electric Quilt website. that were designed on Quilt Wizard. I enjoying playing with the program. I think that, for a beginner, it is worth exploring.

For $30.00 ...why not?

there is another duscussion on the Board about both.

sandy

Last edited by Sandygirl; 04-28-2014 at 11:51 AM.