Old 04-28-2014, 12:29 PM
Judi in Ohio

[QUOTE=Skittl1321;6688049]In what world is "to death" not negative? Why would anyone want to do something with the result of death? Death is generally a negative thing. "Worked to death" doesn't imply a positive, "quilted to death" tells me it was quilted to the point of ruin (death).

I don't think quilted to death is descriptive of show quilts right now. Perhaps "heavily quilted" or even "very heavily quilted" is; but to death is incredibly negative to me.

I suppose it is how we look at things. I was watching a horse show on tv yesterday and the announcer said the horse was jumping right out of his skin - did I think the horse was actually jumping out of it's skin? - no! but I sure knew what she meant. Same thing here. The kids say "he's killing it" - that's a good thing. Call something sick, it's a real compliment. Do I use those terms - no, but I sure know what they mean. Quilted to death is also a relative term, not really meant derogatory, just used descriptively.
I think this has been a great discussion and I like how everyone got to say how they feel. This is not a right and wrong, this is a, I think this way, you think that, and we can all live on this planet and enjoy our quilting, whichever way we do it.