View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 PM
SWEETPEACHES

Originally Posted by citruscountyquilter View Post
I glue baste on a small dining room table. I put the quilt bat down first and smooth it out. I don't tape or secure it as it stays in place. Next I lay the back over the bat then I fold the back back down so the bat is exposed the size of the table top and put a thin thread of washable school glue on in a zig zag pattern and fold the back up over the bat and smooth it out. If I'm in a hurry I'll use an iron but generally I'll just leave it there for a few hours and it will be secure and I move the bat and back to a new position on the table and repeat the process. When all of that is done I flip it over and repeat with the top. It works well for me and I don't have to have a large amount of space to do it in.

A friend of mine does it with a piece of board on top of her ironing board and then just repositions. When she doesn't need the space she takes the board off the ironing board and stores it away.

Do you water down the glue? or use it straight out of the bottle. I presume you're talking about Elmers?