Old 04-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Sewnoma

I grew up sewing on a machine from the 50's (my grandmother's Pfaff 332-260) and that thing sure was a tank.

But I'm still pretty young and maybe that makes the difference....I love my modern, computerized sewing machines. Needle up/down button, settable default needle position, scissor cut button!?!? Oh yeah baby!!

I still love the looks of the older machines though, and if I could get my hands on my grandmother's machine I would definitely thread the old darling up and use her just for sentiment's sake. And some day I think I'm going to have to buy a Singer Slant-o-matic, just because I am absolutely enamored with how that machine looks. Today's machines have awesome features but compared to those vintage machines they don't have much style! (With some notable exceptions, of course.)

I feel the same way about cars, actually. My car is a modern miracle with every technological doo-dad I could add to it (and I actually USE those doo-dads too) and I love my car, but those glorious old Buicks and Packards and Chevys and Fords sure do turn my head. I kinda want one, but I'm also awfully fond of airbags and GPS.