Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 04:02 PM
GrammaNan

Smile Frustrated

About three years ago a niece asked me to make her a quilt for her graduation. I told her that I would and purchased enough black, red and white fabric to make a queen size French Braid. Well, I got started and found out that she wasn't going to graduate and had not plans to so...no quilt. I tucked it away because I was a little mad at her. Fast forward to early this year. I found the UFO and decided to finish it. I had three braids made and they were hanging up on my design wall downstairs. My daughter saw them and said she wanted the quilt and if I would finish it she would pay to have it quilted. I got excited and began working on it even more often. Last week she told me that SHE HAD CHANGED HER MIND and that I should make it for her brother. I showed it to my son and he said "I'll take it but you need to get rid of the butterfly fabric". Ugh. So I have been picking the strips out of the braids and now I cannot figure out how to put the braid back together. I can't get the small red blocks lined up and it looks terrible. I am NOT going to tear the braids apart and start over. Any suggestions?