Old 04-29-2014, 02:04 AM
amethystmtn

I've had EQ7 for a couple of months. I've done all the tutorials twice. They are very good. EQ7 is extremely in depth, I am overwhelmed with it. I probably should have started with Wizard.
EQ7 you can:
add images of your own fabrics/there are tons already loaded
there are lots of blocks in the program/ or you can draw your own
you design quilts with 1 or as many blocks as you want
change block orientation, add boarders, sashing, anyway you want to lay it out
print block patterns so you can make your own templates
I like loading up blocks and just playing with different colors
I"m sure way more I just haven't figured out.

EQ stitch is a add on for EQ7 thats for embroidery, you can digitize your own image (tons of other embroidery stuff). I haven't used Stitch yet

The quiliting design packages are extra. I really don't know if EQ7 has any preloaded. With this you can overlay the
stitching design for your final quilting and see how it looks. Then print design and make your own stencils. Hope that made sense.

Even though there are tutorials once you start actually using it there are several other things going on that I can't figure out how to control. Example while designing my quilt it autosaves. It keeps saving things I don't want. I haven't had time to contact EQ. I hear they are good with answering questions. I'm sure it's easy to sort out. I seriously need more hours just for quilting!
Also on May 5, 2014 there is a EQ7 sew along. Where you design a quilt as a group step by step. I'm definatly doing that.
I know after I got comfortable with Wizard I would have upgraded to EQ7 either way.
Try Wizard and see if you like designing quilts. If you really do and feel limited then get EQ7. I agree its cheapest at Quilt in a Day.
I've heard people say after getting EQ7 they've never bought another pattern, just design their own. You can design and sell patterns (not sure what's involved with selling your own pattern and copy right and such)

I also got the EQ stitch (cost more than EQ7) and the extra quilting designs that are around 25 a package.

Hope that answers some of your questions. If not post again. It's 4:45am, I've been up way too long.
Good Luck
-Amy