Old 04-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Vridar

CD, I used V-69 in both machines. The Reliable balked when it hit a seasoned binding and hem. That would be 5+3 plys Sunbrella. Often, it would negotiate the 8 plys if I had a good head of steam, but, balked at the "seasoned" areas. I was using a 16 sharp 137 needle. I even changed needles and passing thought of using beeswax, but you know how it is, I was in the zone and refused to vary. The 29 didn't even balk at the binding and hem areas. I was actually hand operating the 29 as the areas of stitching where very short areas.

The webbing I attached was polypropylene with a web on each side of the the Sunbrella. The 29 sailed through the stitching. I actually treadled the long side runs on the webbing but hand wheeled the cross stitching.

Why do you ask? Do you think the Reliable should do as powerful stitching as the 29?

Edit - BTW the Reliable has the monster wheel so with a head of steam it will negotiate many layers. But, with the binding around corners there was a lot of stop and go.

Last edited by Vridar; 04-29-2014 at 12:10 PM.