Old 04-29-2014, 05:00 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

My Oh My MiraB ... you and DD sure were busy!
Will these be for your charity quilts to the hospital? Some real special ones there. I couldn't help but SMILE at the Sesame Street one ... perfect combo of fabrics and border choice. Oh dear at DH's reaction to his quilt ... I guess it shows his love for it though, as he wanted to take such tender care of it! Be sure to take a BIG suitcase on the 8th!!! Curious ... did you start your DD sewing as a wee one? or when did she get the bug?

Honchey ... good that you have allowed your knee some recovery time! What did you have the allergic reaction to? ... not good!

Further to my question to MiraB about her DDs start into sewing ............ when/how did everyone here learn to sew??

Me? ... as a kid, Mom let me sew ... Not sure what age, but I am guessing I sewed before I was six. First projects were to sew squares together to make a dolly quilt. Of course, no nesting of seams back then ... sewed them in twos, then two sets of twos then joined the fours to 8s, and so on. And if the seams did not match .... I HAD to rrrrrrip it out! And always did crafts, needlework and crochet, again from a young age. In high school and thru to my early years of marriage I made most of my own clothes, including a coat and my wedding dress. Never made any quilts ... nor saw them being made. Then with the busy-ness of working off-farm and on-farm, my time for sewing became almost non-existent! I did get back to it about 25 yrs ago for a bit ... and made my first quilt!! Then life changed again, and another interruption. This time ... I think I have been back for about six yrs and, the rest of the story ........... you know!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-29-2014 at 05:06 PM.