View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 05:55 PM
NikkiLu

Do not get the "giant" plastic totes - get smaller ones that can be picked up and stacked easily. Also, do not get the cheaper ones whose lids just snap on - pay a little bit more to get a tote that has a handle that actually is the lock on each side of the tote. Also, I found it easier to tell what was in each one if it was clear and not a solid color.

My BFF passed away several years ago and had a massive stash - it covered several rooms in the house and the basement. Imagine my shock when we stopped in to see her DH and he said he had spent the past two days burning her stash. I thought I was going to be sick. She had a sister and a daughter-in-law, a granddaughter and many nieces. Anyway, I rescued all of the fabric, etc. that was in the bedrooms - he wanted it "gone" in a hurry, so my DH and I ran to WalMart and bought many of the huge totes and filled them up - when my DH went to pick them up, they were so heavy that the snap-on lids just snapped off. So, we had to unload them all and take them back to WalMart and get smaller ones that had handles that were part of the lids. A much better idea. They have "grooves" on the lids so that they are very "stackable". They are the "Sterlite" brand at WalMart - but I am sure there are other brands at other stores.