Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

A common thread....Eleanor Burns. I have most all of her quilt books.

I still have the treadle I learned to sew on with DGM who raised us kids...no blood relation to us...but took us at four months and seventeen months when DM was not able to raise us. Since she was not able to have children, they 'helped' raise seven other children, including our Mother. They never had much money, but lots of love in their hearts. No one paid them to raise us, no relative or government.

I sewed up sun bras and clothes for myself at an early age; later helped do the tied quilts and look through DGM trunk of goodies...quilt blocks, crazy quits...dress up dresses, etc. It was in 1972, my dh and I started the family quilting together, trying to teach the love of Christmas giving over commercial bought gifts. It has continued today....so have gifted many quilts along the way...fellow teachers first born baby...weddings....friendships...never took any classes, just bought books and dove into the middle of it. Belonged only to one guild...in CC with dh. Have many more projects planned...hope to continue onward...and praying that the eye will heal and allow me to see to quilt.