View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 PM
romille

Default A step towards keeping my stash tamed

I had been looking for an app to help keep tabs on my patterns/fabric/etc and finally found a solution that has me excited. I thought I would share for my fellow Mac/iOS users.

http://www.tapforms.com

First, the bad: you have to buy the iPhone, iPad, and Mac apps separately. And the Mac app is $30. The iOS apps are $9 each. There are some free versions you can try out, but they lack some functionality.

The apps are very user friendly, customizable, and sync over iCloud. I got the apps Friday and spent the weekend adding all my patterns and embroidery files in, and now have started on my fabric stash. I am so excited that I have everything organized... I can look up the fabric requirements and photo of any pattern on the go, and for my PDF patterns I have them all saved in the database as well and have them at my fingertips while out shopping. I also have all my embroidery files saved in the database, so I can browse them by picture or search for keywords easily... no need to buy icon making software. And I can link files to patterns that use them.

The fabric stash is going to be more of a pain to add in since I have to scan the ones I can't find photos for on the internet, but I am looking forward to having everything completed. I think this will help keep my stash tamed because I will never be in doubt about how much of something I have or need!

Last edited by romille; 04-30-2014 at 06:46 PM.