View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 08:09 PM
krafty14

Someone else asked about this same quilt the other day. It is a little small for a bed. The one in the picture is 14x16 blocks and then the border. I think fat quarters or half yards, as said before, would be your best bet.
My guess is that the original as made with 5" blocks - maybe a charm pack - finishing at 4 1/2" each.
If you start with 6" blocks (5 1/2" finished) it will be 77" x 99" plus your 4" border, so 84" x 110". This will give you a drop of approximately 14" on each side of a full size bed. You might want to take off one row from the bottom so that you have a drop of 14" at the foot of the bed. (Don't take a row off if you are going to go over the pillow, with a tuck, with the quilt.) I would get 1 3/4 yards of the black for the borders and 20 blocks in the center. I would get 6 yards of assorted greens for the background. (you will get 9 squares from a fat quarter, 18 squares from a half yard and 36 from a yard, so it depends on how scrappy you want the green to be) This will give you a nice sized quilt for a full sized bed. Hope this helps. Ann