View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:20 AM
romille

You could catalog quilts too, or anything at all. It is just a database... so you can make individual records for anything you want. The records can contain things like pictures, attached files, text fields, etc. Then you can organize those records in categories. If you are doing this on an iPad only, you may want to invest in a keyboard first.

For instance, with patterns... I have a picture of the pattern (which you can easily find online), the name, the designer, a website, the fabric requirements, and other helpful notes and photos. You can add any info you want. Then when I am out shopping, if I see fabric I love I can scroll through photos of all my patterns on my phone... find the one that I want, and then I know all the fabric requirements for it.

If you want to catalog your quilts that is super easy too. I plan on doing the same once I finish getting my fabrics entered. You would just create a new form for whatever info you wanted the records to have; such as photo(s), pattern name, date finished, fabric used, if you gave it to someone, etc.