Old 05-01-2014, 04:22 AM
Judi in Ohio

Originally Posted by cagedbirdsinging View Post
Yup! I'm insane, I know!

I considered that solution, but the "cush" of that fabric makes it so shifty that I can't even pick it up without it moving right across and becoming misaligned again. It's hard to explain, but knowing my machines and my operation, it wouldn't be a great fix. Also, the columns are already pieced and they are not coming back apart! Essentially, I gave up and just tried to match the other squares as best as I could and write those off.

The main thing I'm looking at right now is the best way to trim the edges to make them flush again. Then, I can only assume that I'll make sure all of the seams are pressed flat and try to match them up when I sew the columns together, and use an insane amount of pins to hold each seam to the one it's supposed to be aligned with.
I'm a quilter who has a bff that makes baby quilts. Now, why did I say this like that? I have offered to help her put her baby blankets together, but she wants none of it. She sees no purpose in matching seams and thinks I must be nuts to cut perfectly good fabric into little pieces. She has these wopper jawed blocks and doesn't mind a bit (Would drive me crazy!). That being said, did you check if your blocks were square? Quilting is way different than clothes sewing, you cut things differently, and things must be squared up. You could have used the minkee on the back and given her her fav texture that way. However it turns out, she will love it, so don't fret so much. It's all just a learning process.