View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Lynne

Hi ya'll. I am relatively new to this forum, but a specific question was asked by Bonita - yes I am very familiar with the QOV program. My son received a quilt from this organization, I have made one, and my quilting sisters here in my local quilt guild have made four. You can check out their website at www.qovf.org. They are a great group and if you have any questions, you can ask me and if I don't have the answer, I will find out for you.

I do know that at Walter Reed, the chaplain blesses each quilt before an injured military member receives it. While I was there with my son, I did see a lot of these quilts being loved by many of the soldiers there.

There are just a few "no-no's" - the size should be no larger than a lap size, no "rag" or fringe type quilts, and all quilts must be washed and dried prior to shipping. These are just a few things to keep in mind. I read somewhere that a Girl Scout troop made a quilt for a local soldier that had lost his sight - Every block was a different texture.

Sorry to ramble. This is just dear to my heart.

God Bless,
Lynne
PAM (Proud Army Mom!) of Jim