View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Sewnoma

Okay, I'm a day late, but here's some work-in-progress...I'll put together a real post when it's all done but boy am I having fun filling these cabinets!

I have 5 Billy bookcases from Ikea, with doors, and I love them. They're mostly still empty but I've started putting some things away...

Cabinet#1 is going to be for stuff still on the bolt, and "utility" fabrics (muslin, heat-proof stuff, canvas, vinyl, etc). The batting is just in there temporarily (batting will be stored under my cutting table, same as it is now). Also interfacing & stabilizer.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473925[/ATTACH]

Cabinets 2 & 3 are where all my quilting cotton will go, and my thread (in those shallow bins in the middle there). Pre-cuts are in the orange and turquoise baskets. (My quilt inspector is already on the job!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473926[/ATTACH]

Cabinet 4 - the top is for work-in-progress, which is about all I have in there so far. Rest of the cabinet will be "other" fabrics - quilt backings, and flannel, fleece, corduroy, denim, etc. Also I have some bins that will go in the bottom of this cabinet for all my scraps.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473927[/ATTACH]

Cabinet 5 is going to have some scraps that have been cut down (in some of those drawer bins) but mostly will be the catch-all for everything else! Misc hardware, glues, tape, graph paper, patterns (I only have about 5). Probably my quilting magazines will go in here too but not sure yet. Kona color card...whatever else gets in the way and needs a place to hide.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473928[/ATTACH]

That's about it so far. Painters come next week (we just painted around where the cabinets were installed, they'll do the rest - we're having about half the house painted) and once they're done I can start moving in and taking good pictures.

And just so you aren't too impressed by all my neatness in these cabinets, here's what the rest of the room looks like right now. Yeesh. DH isn't done moving his stuff out yet, and there is construction debris everywhere (we're doing more work elsewhere too). I love a remodel...After it's done! I can't wait to turn all this mess into my sewing space! Everything you see in this picture is Leaving, including the ratty old blinds.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473929[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails cab-1.jpg   cab2-3.jpg   cab4.jpg   cab5.jpg   messy-lr.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-17-2019 at 08:43 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps