View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 09:07 PM
Teddybear Lady

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Teddybear Lady, I'm glad to see you back. Staying on track isn't always easy. I did well all day, but just had a chocolate granola bar. It was only half the package, so that's good - I will save the other half for tomorrow night, which is not something I can normally do. Once the pkg is open, it's fair game.

Even though our weather doesn't show it, it is Spring. Our bodies are programmed to eat lighter in the Spring and Summer. We can do it together. I picked up 'Potatoes not Prozac' from the library. It's basically a program to remove our dependence on sugar. Very interesting reading so far. The premise is that the brains of sugar eaters are different from the brains of non sugar eaters. Also sugar eaters are often the children of alcoholics - I fit that picture, for sure. I haven't read as far as the steps yet, though I do know it involves eating breakfast - oh, oh - and a potato in the evening. There is online support - some free and most at a price. It never hurts to expand our knowledge and this may help me.

BTW, I don't consider our fellow followers of this thread strangers. We haven't met physically, but we care about each other and, in my book, that makes us friends.

So, my friend, try to follow your program, add a little movement to your day and spend some time in the sun whether you can walk a mile or not.
__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
I'm so excited! Your encouraging words seemed to jump start me. I went for my weigh in today, May 1st, and was down 4.4 lbs.