Old 05-02-2014, 08:35 AM
Vridar

Default Need Advice on Powder Worm eBay Situation.

If possible I am posting my complaint standing with eBay and need advice on if I'm on solid ground or in the wrong.

I wrote the seller through eBay my concern the seller shipping an obviously powder post worm deteriorated platform with a vintage machine. Admittedly, I did not inspect it for live worms. For obvious reasons, I closed the package up as soon as I saw the cinnamon colored powder and pinholes in the wood. Thankfully, the item was sealed in a plastic bag. Upon registering a complaint and getting a response I opened the package outdoors and took pictures. One should be attached. Also, attached should be the sellers response and my intended response.

I'm interested in others opinions if I should send this response. It will be sent through the eBay claim system so as to have a record of communication.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474012[/ATTACH]

Close picture examination one can see the powder over everything. I have not, nor intend to, examine for live infestation.

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Seller's message:
"I cannot believe that the platform for the sewing machine has worms and I didn't notice it. I have been selling on e-Bay for 16 years am in good standing with the company and didn't get to the point that I am now by selling inferior merchandise however I will refund your purchase price if you return the machine to me. If you want to keep the machine with a partial refund let me know how much you expect to have refunded and I will let you know if I can accept that. I am sorry that this happened and please let me know if you want to return it for the refund or if you want to keep it for a partial refund. Have a great day NAME EDITED OUT"

My intended response: Money is not the issue. Integrity is. You did not see this deterioration or mention it in the description? Seriously, you want me to believe that. I think I will let eBay decide what should be done. I want the machine and I will keep it. It has been brought to my attention this type selling should be exposed and if eBay decides to do that, I will be happy. Money will not make this right, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails img_0425.jpg   img_0416.jpg   img_0424.jpg   img_0423.jpg  

Last edited by Vridar; 05-02-2014 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Attach pictures