Old 05-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Mizkaki

Ron,

If the seller has never been exposed to powder post worms before he may have not had any idea that there was an issue.
He could have just thought that the holes were old age or even holes from needles and pins pushed into the wood by an
Unthinking person. Not defending him, just another point of view. The first time I saw holes like those I didn't see any powder, so I
didn't realize there was a problem. I cleaned it up and applied new shellac. I suppose I smothered those critters in side the wood . However my damage was way less than yours.

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
If possible I am posting my complaint standing with eBay and need advice on if I'm on solid ground or in the wrong.

I wrote the seller through eBay my concern the seller shipping an obviously powder post worm deteriorated platform with a vintage machine. Admittedly, I did not inspect it for live worms. For obvious reasons, I closed the package up as soon as I saw the cinnamon colored powder and pinholes in the wood. Thankfully, the item was sealed in a plastic bag. Upon registering a complaint and getting a response I opened the package outdoors and took pictures. One should be attached. Also, attached should be the sellers response and my intended response.

I'm interested in others opinions if I should send this response.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]474009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]474012[/ATTACH]

The seller has responded to you and offered another solution to solve this issue.[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Seller's message:
"I cannot believe that the platform for the sewing machine has worms and I didn't notice it. I have been selling on e-Bay for 16 years am in good standing with the company and didn't get to the point that I am now by selling inferior merchandise however I will refund your purchase price if you return the machine to me. If you want to keep the machine with a partial refund let me know how much you expect to have refunded and I will let you know if I can accept that. I am sorry that this happened and please let me know if you want to return it for the refund or if you want to keep it for a partial refund. Have a great day NAME EDITED OUT"

My intended response: Money is not the issue. Integrity is. You did not see this deterioration or mention it in the description? Seriously, you want me to believe that. I think I will let eBay decide what should be done. I want the machine and I will keep it. It has been brought to my attention this type selling should be exposed and if eBay decides to do that, I will be happy. Money will not make this right, sorry.