Old 05-02-2014, 04:41 PM
adamae

I worked in customer service for a long time and later on ebay for years. I was very careful with descriptions however, what one person sees and another hopes to see may be different. Here is one of my experiences at local auctions...I have bid on objects seeing them as perfect and the minute I got it in my hand the defects or condition were evident. Like I mention, sometimes it is the buyer whose condition expectations are a bit distant to the reality. It happened to me even after 20 yrs of buying and selling antiques. On the side of the seller, this seller IMHO, failed to be entirely honest regarding the condition and then made an error by saying they didn't see this. If I had been the seller and a complaint came like this I would make a full refund with the contingency of not getting a negative feedback. That would be my position with many apologies. Customers will remember a negative transaction over and over and replay and tell it again and again while positive transactions never get told. I was in customer service work for years and once headed up a committee on resolving customer complaints when I was much younger. My reputation as a seller was far more important to me than one transaction gone bad.