Old 05-02-2014, 08:16 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

MiraB ... Another incredibly stitching month for you ... with May being busy too! Your Wild and Goosey is incredible .. totally random scrappy? or do you do any planning? So nice to see the scrappy cornerstones. The string quilt is going to be a nice colourful one too. Almost makes your African quilt look pretty subdued!!

OKSGlad ... {{{HUGS}}} to you ... supporting others thru their challenges is hard, and you need a lot of support yourself in the end. I guess I never mentioned my 4-H sewing! Actually it was not a big contributor .... when we went to 4-H, we just had a few machines to use, so they would look at my sister and I and say, "Oh your Mother sews ...." and then pretty much ignore us and let those who did not have sewing Moms (or machines at home) do their sewing. Your sewing story is wonderful ... while I have made men's pants, I can hardly imagine making jeans (that fit!). I wish that I had learned more about tailoring. Most of my own sewing was self-taught, thanks to the 4-H fiasco. High School Home Ec was very basic ... again, because my Mom sewed, I had already made clothing, and was ahead of the class lessons. I didn't stick with it beyond the mandatory first yr. REading of your quilts with blanket battings, took me down memory lane for a bit, thinking of one we had in the family room on the farm. A special gift that a friend had made for us ... and filled with a wool blanket. Warmest quilt, and yet nice and cuddly in the summer too. Might just have to try that again sometime!!