Old 05-03-2014, 01:18 AM
Fuzzykittenbutt

Originally Posted by Vridar View Post
OK, you folks have convinced me. But, would it have been responsible of the seller to at least indicate the platform was deteriorated, turned to powder and contains multiple pinholes? When I first opened it and powder flew from the plastic bag and I saw all the pinholes I closed it up quick. Upon opening outside to take pictures after the seller's response, I realized it is much worse than expected. The seller could not have made a mistake to neglect mentioning the platform. At the least, as a seller if I had not intended to mention it, I would have removed the platform prior to selling. OK! A no win situation.

I will not accept a refund as the seller originally indicated they do not operate that way. I'll take them to their word. Money does not dictate.
Absolutely! From the pictures you've posted, that damage (even if the seller didn't know what it was caused by) should absolutely have at least been mentioned in the listing...though I would also expect a picture to be posted as well! If you saw actual powder there is also a fairly good chance the worms are still active, which means they will need to be treated...please keep it very far away from any other wood furniture you have before it can be treated. I'm not sure the cabinet is salvedgable...hard to tell from your pics. I'm really not sure what I'd do to be honest, but in my opinion Ebay does need to know about this, though to be fair to the seller I do think it's a good idea that you're including their reply in your complaint. Asking Ebay how they suggest that you should proceed would be my first course of action. I would reply to this effect to the seller, but in maybe a bit softer a tone than your intended mail. Particularly this part is a bit aggressive: "You did not see this deterioration or mention it in the description? Seriously, you want me to believe that." And I totally understand why you want to answer this way, believe me! But I think it might only make the situation worse. Something along the lines maybe of, that you would have expected the damage to have atleast been mentioned, since it is rather extensive, would probably be less confrontational. And then inform them that youre going to let ebay handle the situation.

Good luck!

Last edited by Fuzzykittenbutt; 05-03-2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: correcting typo resulting in opposite of what I meant