Old 05-03-2014, 05:16 AM
MDQuilter

Originally Posted by CarolynMT View Post
Ok I got my piece "Queen's Romance" on my long arm yesterday, was all set to start quilting it this morning. Had my tea in my cup with a lid (cause cat loves to share and I dont ) everyone was fed and watered. Just about stepped down to get to work and the power went out sigh, whole city was out for like 2hrs. So I ended up folding all my tiny scraps that were long enough to ruler fold into 2.5 x 2.5 bundles (nice strips) and bagged up the others for cutting in to precut sizes.

I did get down into the long arm room today after my nap and I started on my partners quilt I will not show all the quilt, because it is a big secret, but since she just had surgery recently I thought she might like a sneak peak. So here is one of the blocks quilted up, and I have to say, I am totally in love with it.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473124[/ATTACH]
This is gorgeous! I love everything about it. You have a very lucky partner.

Originally Posted by dabbler312 View Post
I've been busy on many projects the past few weeks and have today to finally lay out my rows and put the top together and send it out to have it quilted - jaba hope this will be okay for you - it's the growth of a quilt. I chose the Lucky Star pattern because I felt that it must be a lucky star that keeps pairing jaba and I up on swaps - I feel blessed with my on line quilty friends.

The first photo is the initial fabric selections.
The second photo shows the star pairings.
The third is a pile of 30 star blocks.
The fourth is a sample what they look like when they are nestled next to one another - only a teaser for I want the final quilt to be a surprise when she gets it.
Love your fabrics! It's going to be a great quilt!