View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 09:48 AM
adamae

Default Bought a rock and a Morse = $5.00

At a local auction, I bought a Morse Dial O Matic for $5.00. The rock was free. When I got it home, I opened the case and swung the machine back to look underneath it...lo and behold, there was a rock inside. So, I took it out and the right side sunk down. So, in goes the rock and after manual adjustment it is somehat level. I did discover the little arm that is on the case that the machine slips onto is gone. Wonder if I can get a replacement? Can someone here tell me? What would it be called so I can search for it?
Machine works fine is a neat little thing and weighs a ton! Had to get someone to carry it to my pickup. I think I got a bargain. Missed on a Necchi, prbably from the 50's. I know the picker who submits this stuff. There was a Singer AF602910 in a treadle base. Could it have been the original base? It was wooden with the treadle irons. Passed on it. I think I sh have continued to bid on the Necchi, but did not want to get into a bid war. Like I learned a long time ago, there's always another or something else I can't live without. I would appreciate any help.