View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 02:43 PM
franc36

I know I am addicted to Craftsy. I have taken 51 classes. Almost all of them are quilting classes. When I started quilting 4 years ago, I knew nothing about how to quilt. I signed up for Jenny Doan's "Quilting Quickly" and I was hooked. I love the Craftsy format. I work on most of my classes at night; but when working on a free motion quilting class, I put my iPad on a stand so that I can watch the instructor as I try to do what she is doing. I have learned so much from the classes. Some of the classes I watch over and over. At the moment, I am doing a Craftsy Workshop making the May Mystery Quilt using Downton Abby fabric. If I had seen what the quilt looked like prior to signing up, I would have taken one look and said, "That quilt is too difficult." Since I paid for the fabric and workshop, I will make the quilt, learn new skills, and be proud of myself for making the quilt. Oh, I always get the classes on sale. I refuse to pay more than $19.99 for a class. Some classes, I have waited two years to get the reduced price. I learned so much from the Craftsy 2012 and 2013 BOM classes which were free classes. Also, I love the instructors and feel as though many of them are personal friends. Thanks to Craftsy classes and the Quilting Board, I now consider myself a pretty good quilter making an average of 3 quilts a month.

Last edited by franc36; 05-04-2014 at 02:57 PM.