Thread: NEWbe
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Constance

Hi,
Thanks to Amma?, I think I am posting in the right place but then again, who knows, I asked a gazillion questions. I am brand new to quilting, and haven't sewn in a long time, but now I really need to. I want to do it for my own enjoyment of course, but I'm a retired teacher, polio survivor from Wa. State and now live in LV, NV., for too many reasons to list, and though I miss WA a LOT, I do the best I can here, and I like to work with kids, who I have discovered want to learn to sew, and quilt. So I need to get started, and then pass on to them what I learn. I have found some older used machines, and I already have the students, some are special needs and find great joy in making something by themselves, and two are boys!! I have learned recently that there are men who are quilters. I didn't know that. ;-). I also was trying to upload a photo that I have seen others do, but so far am not doing that right either. Anyway, I need to know what items I need, I went into JoAnn's found them kind of expensive, or I'm too new to know better and then I got confused on cutting tools, mats, etc, and then fabric. I found some at thrift stores which helps with the kids, since they don't have the means, and I retired early due to disability and SSDI, so I'm watching it carefully, but I think that this is a good endeavor and I think it will be not only fun but fulfilling as well. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and Merry Christmas to everyone.
Connie/Constance
Attached Thumbnails attachment-59276.jpe