Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 AM
gardnergal970

Carrie...so glad to see that you are getting some quilting therapy. I love the dancing piano key border.
Mirabelle...beautiful work as usual. I admire you for your chariety quilt work. Something I need to begin doing.
DD...so glad to hear from you! So much creativity! The Austen quilt hasn't had any difficult blocks so far and the Dowten Abby fabric looks good with it. My DD2 found out I was using that fabric line and started drooling. She doesn't know the fabric but she is a DA fan. When I told her the colors, she said those were the colors she was planning to use on the house she is buying. I would never have guessed. Totally different from what she has used before. Long story short, she has claimed that quilt and will be watching the progress very carefully.
QNS...have fun with the QB visit. Always nice to enjoy the company of someone with similar interests!
i didn't do so well with my April goals. May's are very modest. The garden and family will occupy much more of my time.
OK... Nothing more distressing than family when things get out of whack.

April goals....SYE and blue scrappy made into flimsies.
Stay current with BOMS
Binding on at least one quilt back from LA
Get class kits made
Kind of lost my focus and started two new quilts. They are BOMs or BOWs so since I'm now caught up, I can think a little more rationally about what needs to be done.
May....bind two quilts
Stay current with BOMS
Work on QAYG with the Civil War quilt
Today I'm preparing for my trip to family in IL and WI. My sewing machine will be traveling with me and I'm planning to get the signed book for Anael. DD mentioned a couple of other quilt shops in her area....maybe some Ladies Alblum?

Last edited by gardnergal970; 05-05-2014 at 05:18 AM.