View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by barnbum
How big is that one?
The big one is 40x40 inches. It comes from Christine Porter's book "Quilt Designs from Decorative Floor Tiles." The book is amazing and I love the designs but the piecing instructions are a nightmare! They're off on how much fabric to buy, off on how to put it together; it was very frustrating! :evil:

The applique in the middle is actually just sewn on with a satin stitch. I got lazy. :wink:

The UFO Challenge is a great one for quilt guilds and is pretty easy to run. You simply have people sign up to finish a quilt and many people will put down a specific quilt (such as wedding ring or log cabin) but I tend to put down 'wallhanging' or 'bed quilt' - which lets me fudge around a bit if I need to change what I'm doing. Our guild announces it about 4 months ahead of time, though because we always have one in the spring several of us know to get started earlier if we need to. The only restriction is that if someone doesn't finish a UFO by the night it is due, they must pay a $5 fine. It's the only real fund raiser we do like that within Intraguild and tends to be great incentive for people like me who would rather spend the $5 on fabric or at the quilt store rather than paying it as a fine. :lol: The best part is when everyone shows their UFO's and tells the stories behind it. I am always amazed by the talent and creativity of those around me. Quilters are just amazing people!!!
~Tiffany